RC boating is an enjoyable hobby that more and more people around the world are enjoying. As well as being a great way to spend time outdoors, RC boating is reasonably pocket-friendly, with some great models costing less than $100. Here are some of my picks.
Here are 6 of the best RC boats under $100:
- Altair AA102 RC Boat
- DEERC H120 RC Boat
- Udirc 2.4GHz High-Speed RC Electric Boat
- Force1 Velocity H102 RC Boat
- IOKUKI 2.4G RC Boat
- YEZI RC Boat
Best RC Boats Under $100
This article examines the six best RC boats under $100, focusing on their benefits, cons, and primary features. Any of these RC boats is a great pick and will allow you hours of fun playing with and racing your boat.
1. Altair AA102 RC Boat
Altair is a well known RC boat manufacturer.
Some of the benefits of this particular model are:
- The boat comes with a 2.4GHz radio control system which is protected from interference from other boat signals.
- It has an anti-capsize recovery system that allows you to flip the boat through the remote control.
- It comes with two 7.4V 1500mAH Li-ion Batteries that allow the boat to move quickly through the water.
- The boat can reach a maximum speed of 18.6 miles (30 kilometers) per hour.
- This model has a range of 100 meters (330 feet).
- A maximum drive time of 20 minutes.
- Powered by a 90-size brushed motor which allows the boat to go at full throttle.
- A completely water-proof body that increases the durability of the boat.
Users have also noted that Altair’s customer support is excellent and that the team can help troubleshoot any issues.
While the Altair AA102 is a popular RC boat model, some users have noted that the boat tends to heat up quite quickly. Be sure to give your boat a rest between runs to stop it from getting worn out.
In addition, this boat cannot be run on saltwater bodies, so you will have to limit your use of the boat to lakes, ponds, and swimming pools.
The main features of the Altair AA102 are:
- It is 17 inches (43.18 centimeters) in length and weighs 1.25 pounds (567 grams).
- Accessories included in this model’s package include the boat, the radio controller remote, a boat stand, a charging cable, and a user manual.
- The model comes in red or black.
2. DEERC H120 RC Boat
The DEERC H120 is a low-cost RC boat that has several benefits:
- A 492 feet (150 metre) signal range.
- It comes with a 2.4 GHz remote that has four channels. The remote control displays the power of your boat, signal strength, trim adjustment, and throttle.
- It has a built-in capsize recovery function with a double hatch design that allows you to recover the boat if it flips.
- It has an alarm function when your boat is running out of battery so that you can get it safely back to shore.
- It runs at a speed of up to 20 miles (32.3 kilometers) per hour.
- It has built-in water cooling systems that allow the boat to continue functioning more smoothly for longer.
- It’s equipped with two 7.4v 600mAh Li-Po batteries that make the boat more powerful.
It’s essential to take note of some of the cons of this model:
- Compared to other models on this list, this boat has a short playtime. It runs for 8 minutes and has a charge time of 2 hours.
- This boat cannot be used in saltwater bodies and may get damaged if used in the sea.
Here are the main features of the DEERC Remote Control Boat:
- The boat is 13.86 inches (35 cm) long, 3.62 inches (9.19 cm) wide, and has a 3.54 inches (8.9 cm) height.
- As well as the boat, this package includes the remote control, two LiPo batteries, a USB charger, a USB manual, a display stand, and a spare propellor.
- It also comes with tools to help you maintain your boat, including a support frame, lubricant, screwdriver, lock nut, and a wrench.
- The boat model comes in red.
3. Udirc 2.4GHz High-Speed RC Electric Boat
This boat is relatively new on the market but has quickly become popular.
The benefits of the boat are:
- The model can reach a speed of 15 miles (25 kilometers) per hour .
- It’s made with ABS, a high-quality plastic that promises enhanced durability.
- It has a low power alarm system to help ensure the boat does not get stuck out on the water.
- Remote control with a rudder that can be turned left, right, go forward, and backward.
- It has a self-righting feature that allows you to recover the boat if it capsizes.
- The model has a water-proof hull which has an anti-tilt feature.
- It comes with a display stand that protects the boat and propeller when it’s not being used.
- It comes with a USB charger, which allows you to recharge the batteries from a car or power bank.
Some of the cons for this model are that:
- It has a relatively low playtime as compared to the other models on this list. It can only run for 6-8 minutes and requires a charge time of 110 minutes. You can address this by bringing along spare charged batteries.
- Some users have noted that while the boat is accelerating, it runs fast, but turning it tends to slow down.
- Some users have also noted that the capsize feature sometimes doesn’t work, so you may have to explore other strategies to recover your boat.
Some of the main features of this boat model are:
- It has a length of 16 inches (40 cm), a width of 6 inches (15 cm), and a height of 12 inches (30 cm)
- This boat is available in orange.
- This boat comes with a user manual, a charger, and a battery.
4. Force1 Velocity H102 RC Boat
The H102 Force 1 RC Boat is extremely popular for a variety of reasons.
Its benefits include:
- High power and speed. This is an incredibly high-power boat that can run at over 20 miles (32.2 kilometers) per hour.
- It’s powered by a 2.4 GHZ remote control that has an LCD.
- The remote control has various functions, including left and right turn option, rim adjustment, an emergency stop function, and low signal warning.
- It has a built-in water cooling system which stops the boat from overheating while you are racing it.
- This model has a double hatch design which improves the boat’s water-resistance and speed.
- It has a range of 120 meters (393.7 feet).
- It has a playtime of 15 minutes.
- A capsize recovery button and low power light so that you don’t lose your boat in the water.
You should also note that Velocity will provide you with a full refund if you’re not satisfied with the boat.
While it has several benefits, there are a few drawbacks to note about this model:
- It can’t be used in saltwater and can only be used in low debris lakes and water bodies.
- While the boat comes with a battery to install in the boat, it does not come with a battery for the remote control – you will have to make an additional purchase.
- This model has a charging time of 3-4 hours, so it is wise to carry along an extra battery, so you don’t have to wait to run your boat again.
Here are the main features of this model:
- The boat is 14.33 inches (36.39 cm) long, 10.87 inches (27.60) wide, and has a height of 4.8 inches (12.19 cm).
- As well as the boat, the pack comes with a dry-dock stand, an extra propellor, and a rechargeable RC boat battery.
- It is available in three different colors; blue, green and red.
5. IOKUKI 2.4G RC Boat
There are several reasons that this model has made this list.
Some of the benefits of this model include:
- This model is very pocket-friendly.
- It has a 2.4Ghz remote control with 4-Channels that is easy to use and has a signal range of 160 feet (48.8 meters)
- The boat can be turned right, left and goes forward and backward.
- The boat comes equipped with a red light warning system that flashes when the boat is about to run out of power, reducing the likelihood of getting stranded.
- The boat can run for up to 25 minutes at a time on one battery.
- It comes with two Lithium-ion batteries so that you can swap out a depleted battery with a fresh one for 25 more minutes of run time. However, be sure to allow the boat at least 15 minutes between runs to cool down.
This boat model does have a few cons:
- It cannot be used in saltwater. The boat has been designed for freshwater bodies – saltwater may corrode the boat’s engines and stop it from functioning.
- It is slower than the other models on this list and can run at a maximum of 6.2 miles (10 kilometers) per hour.
- Some users note that this model doesn’t have a long life and can begin to malfunction after a few runs. However, this may only be the case for a few defective versions.
The main features of this model are:
- It is 9.45 inches (2 cm) long, 3.5 inches wide (8.89 cm), and 3.2 inches (8.12 cm) high.
- It weighs 0.45 pounds (204 grams).
- The boat package includes the boat, the remote control, two boat batteries, 2 USB chargers, a manual, and a screwdriver.
- This model comes in blue, yellow, black, and orange.
It’s also important to note that this boat will only run when it is placed in water. It does not have an on or off button but begins running as soon as it is placed in water.
6. YEZI RC Boat
The YEZI Remote Control Boat is famous in the RC boating community.
The benefits of this model are that:
- It has a powerful motor and propeller that allows it to run at more than 20 miles (32.9 kilometers) per hour.
- It has a water-proof stick remote control that is easy to learn how to use.
- It has a signal range of 393.7 feet (120 meters), allowing you to run it across moderate distances.
- It comes equipped with rechargeable batteries that need to be charged only for two hours until they reach their maximum charge.
- The boat can run for up to 20 minutes when it is fully charged.
- It has a built-in flip recovery function, ensuring you can rescue your boat if it capsizes.
- It can be used in pools and freshwater bodies like lakes and ponds.
User reviews have noted that the boat is very maneuverable and easy to turn.
However, there are a few cons that should be considered before you purchase this model:
- The boat is relatively small.
- Some versions of the model are not able to use the flip recovery function.
- The battery inside the boat is held onto the boat with velcro, which may get dislodged when it comes into contact with water – users may have to fix the battery back to the boat.
- While the boat comes with batteries, they have to be installed before running the boat on the water.
Here are the main features of this RC boat model:
- It is 11.81 inches (29.9 cm) long, 3.15 inches (8 cm) wide, and 2.36 inches (5.9 cm) high.
- Lithium batteries power the boat.
- As well as the boat, the kit includes rechargeable batteries, a USB charging cord, a spare propeller, and a user manual.
- This boat is available in several different colors, including green, yellow and dark blue.